Monday, January 18, 2016

Fasting Day #9

It's Monday Jan 18 and I started my fast the night of Jan 16  at 6:00 pm, Winter is finally settling in as it has been snow flurries all day and the evening temp was down to minus 10 C. I find fasting during the winter harder as I feel more sensitive to the cold so I have managed to stay indoors for the most part. Last night I settled in for a Netflix movie before going to bed.

Yesterday was particularly harder for some reason. I had a mild headache all day and was just not feeling energetic. I slept in in the morning and also had a 3 hour sleep in the afternoon. It was just one of those fasting days where rest and quite seemed to be the right thing to do. I also was doing a strict water fast which may have contributed to how I felt as water only fasting seems to accelerate the process as there is no mid day or small meal to interrupt the depletion of glucose.  

My weight going into the fast was 186.8 lbs on Saturday and has dropped down to 185 as recorded Monday morning for a difference of 1.8 lbs. Check out my link "My Progress Report" to see how my weight is tracking. The total length of this fast was 36 hours.

I actually feel really good this morning even before breaking the fast. I am not hungry and really do not want to eat much. My breakfast meat is a juice of parsley, apple and celery. I have planned a lunch of fried cabbage and stir fry with some pork.

Also, check out my post on the fasting process. I am just at the stage this morning to really start fasting but even just going 36 hours is a great benefit to the system.

All and all it was a very successful fasting day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment