Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fasting Day #7

This fasting day occurred over January 12. My last meal was the evening of the 11th at 7:00 pm and was an egg omelet with spinach and onion and fresh pineapple.

I weighted in on the morning of the 12 at 189.2 lbs. My day was spent at the office doing mostly desk work with very little interaction time with people so it was a quiet day but demanding much mental effort. I went to the gym at noon for 40 minutes of treadmill. It was also our first big snow day in town so I had to shovel the driveway in the morning as well as in the evening. I ended the day with a 1 hour martial arts class.

My only intake for the day was lemon water a couple of herbal teas however, I found my energy levels more than acceptable with no negative effects caused by the fasting. In fact, other than the habitual hunger responses at noon and dinner time, there was no real craving for food at all. I also found my sleep very deep and restful which is the hardest part for me. Overall it was an easy and productive fasting day.

I broke the fast this morning at 7:00 am for a total fasting period of  36 hours. My weight this morning was 186.2 for a difference of 3 lbs. I broke my fast with a drink of bean sprouts, fresh pineapple and mango chunks made into a smoothy. Not the most appetizing but it has all the right things for a good first meal.

I have to say that this was the best fast experience so far. I find that as my body and mind adjust to the change, it is becoming easier however I can't expect every time to be so.


No comments:

Post a Comment